Friday, August 21, 2020

Elvira Quarantine Quilt Along Finish


Its been a couple weeks since I finished my Elvira quilt - so its about time I get it up here on the blog!

I started it back in March when Gudrun Erla of GE Designs hosted a quarantine quilt along (her first of 3, now)
I pulled from all my Wiscsonsin fat quarter fabrics. And actually managed to get the top together in less than a week. You can read more about that HERE
I did some simple straight line quilting, echoing the 60 degree slices through each rectangle. 

This is the really fun back that I put together.  It has two panels and a fat quarter that I couldn't bear to cut up.  It has most of the leftover strips, that I didn't use for the binding, cows, pigs, and a civil war toile print.  


I've had the quilt on my bed since it was finished and washed.  Love it so much!
Finished size is 88" x 102".  Batting is a Pellon cotton, fairly thin, but great for summer.  Thread was all Aurifil cotton 50 wt.  

No comments: