Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Really Random Stuff on a Random Day


Some random things to share while I've got some time to sit at a computer.


A friend from the my Gridster Bee sent me this great pouch.  Perfect for putting projects into and then forgetting them :)
Progress on my New 10 year project.  These are all the dresdens that have been appliqued down.  I have about 175 plates in total. 
Its been a pretty hot summer here in WI, with multiple days over 90.  We spent one of those evenings getting pizza and hanging out at the lakefront. 
My industrious middle child spent a week or so picking black raspberries, that we froze each day, until there was enough for an actual pie. 

Seriously one of the best pies I've ever had. 

I didn't actually know what this plant in my garden was until there were monarch caterpillars all over it. 
They really stripped it of most of the leaves, and poop everywhere.  I actually had to sweep. 

We brought two in to watch them emerge. 
I ended up lining this corner cabinet one evening because it needed fixing and was empty for that.  Not what I had planned, but I love that its done.  Hard to do any matching on curves and corners though!
New pourings of beeswax for my Etsy shop.  I love watching it cool.  Makes the coolest patterns.

I had seen this collection when it first came out at Joann, before the lockdown.  Scored a clearance mug the other day!
And I never got a finished picture of this little quilt, but put together a signature quilt for a dear friend and our Pastor's wife who has retired. 

1 comment:

thornberry said...

Those berries and that pie! Just mouth watering! And your quilting is always superb.