First up this week: My Wisteria Crayon Challenge quilt is quilted! YAY! If you're on instagram you may have seen this the other night. The original plan was to do a purple tulle overlay and then quilt with the small matchstick quilting. Well, the feed dogs on my walking foot shredded the tulle. Not cool. I ended up not using tulle, and ultimately using my old walking foot, because the newer one also caught on the embroidery. Today I will get some binding made. It is quilted with Superior Thread's clear thread. Really want to get this one done for the next guild meeting on Monday so I can get it turned in.
I've also started quilting my first attempt at the wisteria quilt. I am using a purple thread on this one. Not sure what the long term plan is for this one, but I don't want it to sit around and get lost, either.
I've also been working on a hand full of these cute little portable thread catchers. A real-life stitching friend was making some a couple months ago. They are mostly hand work, and for me a bit slow going. The tutorial can be found on Fabric Therapy Blog.
Last night I was previewing a movie for the kids and finished this one up. I have four more cut out and ready to go.
I also finished up my last two samples and popped them in the mail Monday. Totally forgot to take pictures, but I couldn't have showed them anyway.....