Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WIP Wednesday 5.13.15

 First up this week: My Wisteria Crayon Challenge quilt is quilted!  YAY!  If you're on instagram you may have seen this the other night.  The original plan was to do a purple tulle overlay and then quilt with the small matchstick quilting.  Well, the feed dogs on my walking foot shredded the tulle.  Not cool.  I ended up not using tulle, and ultimately using my old walking foot, because the newer one also caught on the embroidery.  Today I will get some binding made.  It is quilted with Superior Thread's clear thread.  Really want to get this one done for the next guild meeting on Monday so I can get it turned in.
 I've also started quilting my first attempt at the wisteria quilt.  I am using a purple thread on this one.  Not sure what the long term plan is for this one, but I don't want it to sit around and get lost, either.
 I've also been working on a hand full of these cute little portable thread catchers.  A real-life stitching friend was making some a couple months ago.  They are mostly hand work, and for me a bit slow going.  The tutorial can be found on Fabric Therapy Blog.
Last night I was previewing a movie for the kids and finished this one up.  I have four more cut out and ready to go.
I also finished up my last two samples and popped them in the mail Monday.  Totally forgot to take pictures, but I couldn't have showed them anyway.....

Linking with Lee.





1 comment:

Regina said...

That thread catcher is on my list!! Thanks Rachel