Monday, January 28, 2013

Finishes Plus Miscellaneous


 Its funny how sometimes finishes come in cycles.  I will actually have four quilt finishes to share this week!
 
 The first one this week is a small memory quilt for a friend of mine.  Her baby girl was born at just 17 weeks, and I wanted to do something for my friend in memory of her daughter.  So, I made a small quilt (finished size is around 10" square) and sent it to Heidi of Buttons and Butterflies to have it embroidered.  You can go here to see Heidi's Sewing/Quilting Blog and Here to see her Butterfly Kisses Blog and Here to read her story (bring tissues).

 Heidi will digitize footprints and embroider what ever else you want.  Since Hope's footprints were so tiny we went with a small quilt.

 The back.  As you can see, I really did minimal quilting on it.  The piecing is pretty busy and also lots of seams, and I didn't want to detract from the embroidery in the middle, so simple was the way to go.  I put the super simple hanging pockets in the corners. 


 In other things that I feel the need to blog about:
 I won a variety pack of Aurifil Threads from the Elven Garden.  Wool and a few different weight cottons.  I love Aurifil.  I can't wait to try them out.

 And finally, I finished some pillowcases for our Quilt Guild.  We send pillowcases to the troops.  I think we are probably nearing the 6000 number range.  I have decided that this is not my calling.  Pillowcases are not hard.  I think it took me all of an hour to put four together.  However, much like this story previously, they sat around for months before I finally sewed them up.  Lame.


 Now, I don't know what standard issue military pillowcases are like, but Elvis has to be better, right?
 Happy Monday, Everyone!




Linking up with Little Quilt Monday

2 comments:

Heidi Grohs said...

Turned out SOOO great!!!! <3

Mindy said...

Love Hope's mini-quilt. It's perfect!