Monday, August 31, 2015

Hexie Baby Finished

 It has just been ages since I've managed to sit down and write a blog post.  I tried to see if I could do them from my phone, but I couldn't find an app that would let me add pictures, and what's a blog without pictures? 
The good news is that I am forcing myself to sit and write this one because I have a finish!  Hurrah!
 Hexie Baby is all done.  Completely hand pieced with the English Paper Piecing method, then machine quilted and finished with a faced binding.
 Our swing is slowly sinking into the ground, and no one dares sit on it, but its great for pictures.  And cat scratching.
 The back, where you can see the really great quilting texture, and my faced binding.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  It was really a test run for when the 10 Year EPP project is ready to be finished.
 It is not truly a charm quilt, in that there are some repeat fabrics, but there are certainly a lot of fabrics.  From the 80's to the present. 
 There are approximately 400 1 inch hexagons that make up this quilt.  It isn't really very large.  Not even sure if it qualifies as a baby quilt.
 The Precious Moments backing fabric came from my stash that I inherited from my Mom.
 The facing is from a baby quilt from a couple of years ago.
 The Details:
Fabric: Yes. Scrappy.
Batting: Pellon Thin Cotton
Backing: Precious Moments Novelty
Thread: Aurifil #2026
Size: 29" x 34"
I have a super epic WIP list right now, so I'll try to get that written up soon, too.
TTFN



No comments: