Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday 11.27.13

 'Tis the day before American Thanksgiving, and therefore not too much sewing going one.  Mostly I shall be cleaning and baking pies.  But I'll share what I have been working on.
 First up, I bought all my fabric for the Downton Abbey Quilt A Long.  I don't think I've ever bought all the fabric for an entire quilt, all at once, all at full retail before.  It was a bit of a shock.  However, its a good thing I did, because the fabric was going fast.  In fact I missed getting a piece of the print of the House/estate itself.  The store manager tells me there will be another printing of the fabric in December, so I'll be sure to snatch it up.  I decided to do the Dowager Countess colorway before I even started watching the show.  After all, Maggie Smith!  And the character so far has not disappointed!  I just love these fabrics.  Confession:  I have only watched one season, so far.  I'm working on the rest before season 4 comes out.
 I finished the binding on the rainbow quilt on the way home from Iowa.  Here is a shot of the back.  I will get a proper post up soon.  Well, probably next week.
 And working on some stockings.  These need their cuffs attached and names embroidered.  Hmm. Looks like it's less than a month to Christmas.  Onward!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the lavenders and purples, can't wait to see what you end up with.

Regina said...

The Dowager Countess is my favorite character!!!!! I love her snippy wit! I decided not to acquire any of the Downtown fabric. I am sure I will add this to the list of life regrets I keep!

Did you attend the tea? I stopped in to pick up ghastlies fabric and was sad I hadn't signed up for tea.