Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Lighthouse Legacies Quilt Show

Our local guild quilt show was held this past weekend.  So much fun, so many great quilts to see and so many great vendors to shop!  I'm going to share a few quilts that caught my eye.

These first 3 pictures are some of our guild challenge quilts.  Yes, mine is included because I got an Honorable Mention Ribbon!

 Apparently there were so many honorable mentions given at the show, they ran out of ribbons.  I don't know if that means there were lots of great quilts, or the judges were super generous.... I'll take it either way!
 As you can see by two of the quilts, our Wind Point Lighthouse is a pretty big deal, along with other Lake Michigan views.
 This was the first place for baby quilts.  I think the X-ray fish are my favorite.  E had to tell me what they were.
 I was really drawn to the simplicity of the bar quilt.
 A glimpse of 'Modern' in a fairly traditional show.

 Kaffe Fassett, anyone?
 A great quilt of scrappy 1" finished squares.

 Loved the brightness of this one.
 It's funny how you can be walking down the aisle, and just be drawn to a quilt and know it must be a winner.
 Always perfect in classic two colors.
 Some outstanding machine work on this one!
 I have a thing for ombre...
 More exquisite machine work.
 Harry Potter and Hogwarts!
 And, guess what?  I got a judges choice for my Queen Anne's Lace!

It was a great show.  I wish I could share all the quilts with you.  Let me encourage you to enter local shows around your area.  The judges comments are always so helpful.  I've never disagreed with a comment I've received, and they always give nice comments, too.




1 comment:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Congrats on the Judges Choice for your Queen Anne's Lace!! I think that was part of the Four in Art wasn't it? I've been trying to work out my map idea and get it started soon. How is yours coming along?