Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ruby Baby Quilt

In an attempt to Finish Things and generally Clean Up Around Here - I put this baby quilt together with most of my left over Ruby fabrics.

  Three inch blocks in a random pattern.  Three three-inch borders to make it big enough for a baby girl.

 I used my left over Ruby flannel and also some flannel from Joann's and the Windows quilt to finish off the back.  I also bound this one in flannel.  Super snugly for a babe.  It does not have a determined recipient.  I suppose the first among my friends to pop out a girl will get this one. 
Finished size is 38"x43".
 The quilting: Just some curly free motion quilting in the center, with a wave stitch along the border seams.  Once again, less quilting makes for a softer quilt.  And I ran out of thread, anyway.
 I've been trying to be more deliberate about the labels.  Bordered and applied before I did the quilting.  I figure this makes it a little more secure/permanent.  And then its not like One More Thing To Do at the end.  The down side is that it is a little more difficult to get even with the sides.  Maybe I should make round labels!





1 comment:

OPQuilt said...

Very cute. Love the colors. I hear you on the labels thing--I've always thought I should do it as people recommend and put it on before the quilting. But when I quilt on my machine, things can sometimes shift and I'm not always wanting to point this out (when my label shifts). Sometimes I'll write my name and identifier on the quilt in Micron pen, then put the label over it, so that if it gets stolen and someone takes the label off, my info is still there.

Fun to get a quilt done!
Elizabeth