Thursday, July 5, 2012

Seven Quilts - Number Three - Stars and Bars 1

 I really like this quilt!  Hopefully it will make some little boy happy.  I started with the star fabric, added the yellow and then ended up adding some more blue to get more length.  The yellow bands have free motion stars quilted in them and the blues have back and forth squiggles.
 Love the texture on the back!  Final measurements for this one are 41"x59".
Today's Tip:  When you are sewing multiple strips in a row - make sure you start from the opposite end each time.  The pull of your machine and of your own tension from your hands will distort it if you always start from the same side.  Trust me, I've made the mistake!  This is also true for straight line quilting.  You have to alternate starting ends for each line.


 

3 comments:

Ethan and Moriah said...

Oooo! I love this one! My favorite so far.

doodlebugmom said...

I really like the stars. Super cute!

OPQuilt said...

Great tip. We don't often think about stuff like that. I'm loving all your tips (I'm going in reverse order--sorry). Thanks!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com