Monday, April 20, 2020

A Life Altering 6 Weeks of Blog Land

It looks like its been about 6 weeks since I last blogged.  
What a six weeks it has been!  

We've officially been #saferathome now for 37 days.

What's been happening around here?  Well, we are certainly into a new kind of routine.  I'll give a brief rundown for friends and family who read this here blog.

All the kids are doing "School at Home".  (I consider this much different that Homeschooling)  As such I do a lot of facilitating for the younger three to help with watching pre-recorded lectures, zoom meetings and work alone papers and projects. 

The older two are also doing online schooling, but (fortunately) don't need much from me.  They already had school issued Chromebooks, so the transition hasn't been too terrible.  Awkward for classes like choir and basic electronics, but they are making it work.  

In general mornings are school work and afternoons are outside time/yard work/screen time, etc.  
 We have 10 acres, so there is Always work to do.  Especially spring clean up.
 We are on our fifth burn pile already, this year.  We've been doing a lot of brush clearing that hasn't been done in a while. 
Everyone loves "bombfire" days because its guaranteed s'mores.

 We did a beach trip one day, but it was cold and windy by the lake, and we couldn't play on the playground.  But it was nice to be out.

 Si celebrated his 10th birthday during week 1 of Stayathome.  He was sad that he couldn't share it with his classmates.  If you're wondering the cake is from "Legend of Zelda"

 The obligatory mask picture.  I made some and donated them. 
 Ballet classes are by Zoom now, as is class meetings, string lessons and even the youth group kids hangouts.  (Husband deals a lot with Zoom at work, so its almost a naughty word in the house)
 We made a big deal of April Fool's this year to change it up and have some fun.  Lots of googly eyes were applied to foods and other kitchen items.
 The boys were barricaded into their room overnight.
 I made an April Fool's Cake - recipe courtesy of Taste of Home The frosting is melted mozarella!
 Mr. Bean made a couple of appearances in the house.  I must say the toilet one was pretty funny.

 I got a new set of bees.  Decided to try three hives this year, with hubby's encouragement.  I actually have already lost one (long story), but have just ordered another package that will come in May.  Hubby has been super into it this year, even donning his own jacket and doing inspections with me.  I love it!
I've also been doing a lot of Etsy sales. ( Riley Acres if you're interested)   So much business that I needed a new batch of thread conditioners last week.  I've also been helping WD sell antique fishing gear.  

So that pretty much catches us all up.
And, oh yes.  I have been sewing.  Quite a bit actually.  But I don't think that's because I have "so much time on my hands".  Every time I see a suggestion of what to do with my "extra time" I don't know whether to laugh or cry!  I'll start sharing some of the sewing stuff next blog post. 

1 comment:

Danette said...

Thanks for the post. I love Bean and haven't seen him in a while. It gave me a chuckle. Plus, the obligatory mask post. Too funny. I, also, like that the boys barricaded themselves in. Plus, I agree, there is no "extra time".