Monday, March 2, 2020

Charm Parade: A Quilt Finish

 A finish.  A years long finish.  I searched the blog and found the first mention of this quilt.  You can read it *here*.   The post is from November 2014! Can you believe it?  That's almost 6 whole years ago!!
The pattern is Charm Parade and was written by Cindy from Live a Colorful Life. 
Mostly Kaffe Fassett charm squares.  The border is a batik.

My cute helper squinting in the sun! 

I did some simple stitch in the ditch.  Any more than that would have been lost anyway and wanted a softer quilt.  I had the quilt stored with the backing for a long time, and had even made the binding. 

 The backing is from IKEA.  Probably six years ago!  I don't know if IKEA even makes fun prints anymore.  It seems the last few times I've looked there haven't been any. 

This particular quilt finished at 49" x 60".  Thread is navy Aurifil and batting a mystery polyester.


1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Yay!! I’ve made some pattern adjustment since it was printed but I’m glad you finished it :)