Tuesday, January 16, 2018

What I'm Working On

 Let's start with a wee finish.  I made up this little Fred Bear ornament.  It was a kit that came with a copy of Quilt Now magazine.  Is anyone else a sucker for those "free projects" that come with the magazines in the book store.  And have you noticed, its the European magazines, not the American?
Anyway, the kit came with a pre-printed bear, the embroidery floss, the ribbon and the stuffing.  I just had to follow the directions.  I even learned the chain stitch.  E has claimed him.
Last week I finished and mailed my first Gridsterbee block of the year.  Carol is collecting pumpkins for a fun holiday quilt.  She sent us the Navy Grunge back ground so that they all coordinate.

I'm still plugging away on the On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt.  I'm working on clue 6.  Now that its quite established that I will not be an early finisher, I'm just enjoying the process and seeing others finished versions. 
Still working on this leader/ender.  This is the biggest chunk, so far.  I'm sure I'll need to find a border to make it a more usable size.
Up next on the list: Tote bags and new covered couch pillows.  I've been collecting canvas prints from IKEA and its time to use some of them.
And while I'm making totes, I've promised a certain someone a ballet bag.





No comments: