It started a long time ago (earlier this year) as a drawing in EQ7.
Fabrics were matched and acquired in April.
The top was finished in June (I just realized this is the back shot, hah!)
Pretty sure I got it basted in September.
I had the tree part all quilted before we headed up north a couple weeks ago, and stared the circles while we were there. I buried threads in the car on the way home. Finished the quilting and got the binding on - all in time to turn in for the quilt show.
The back is a fun print from IKEA. I did not get it right side up. doh!
The tree is straight lined quilted with Invisafil on the top and Aurifil on the bottom, in blue.
The circles are free motion quilted with Aurifil top and bottom.
Spectacular texture after the wash.
The judges were pretty nice about the quilt. Just pointing out that some of my points could have matched a little better.
It finished up about 60"x60" so I'm not sure if it will end up on a bed for Christmas, or out on the couches. I'm pretty happy with it, though.