Thursday, January 15, 2015

WIP Thursday 1.15.15

Half way through January.  It always seems like such a long month, until suddenly its over!  I missed out on WIP Wed., so how about WIP Thursday?

 Last night I took a break from all the "I should finish this.... projects" and made my first Jelly Roll Race quilt.   Hmmm.  I actually don't really like them very often.  Too random in the value placement.  The only ones I've really ever liked were ones in a single colorway.  Anyway, I thought I would try and to break up the obvious strip changes I cut up two of the purple strips and used them as linking blocks.

 It's OK.  I admittedly don't like the lack of control.  The prints are all pretty busy, so its OK, but not my favorite quilt ever.  I won't be keeping it.  The measurements ended kind of awkward too, my roll had 30 strips, and I cut up two so in the above picture it is approx 39" x 62".
 In this picture I folded down the top three rows.  A little better visually, I think.  It's been moved to the "unfinished tops" box.
 In other news, all my hexies are in quads!  That makes roughly 500 units.  I think it may now be no longer a travel project, because as they are put into units of 8, they don't really fit in my box any more. 
 Now, for a list of things that I should work on.  In what I consider priority.

1. Sample Project
2. 4-in-Art
3. Temperature Quilt
4. D's Quilt
5. Tree Quilt
6. Wreath Quilt
7. Red/White Mini
8. DA Quilt
9. Hexie Baby
10. Guild Challenge Quilt - Thirteen
11. Central Park
12. Charm Parade

I could add more, but I think I'll stop there.




1 comment:

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I like the idea of the single fabric as a stop between the strips. Helps to pull everything together. And I'm impressed by all your hexies. They are going to make a lovely finish. Good luck with your list.