Wednesday, June 25, 2014

WIP Wednesday 6.25.14

I once read that as a blogger you should never apologize for not blogging.  So I won't.  I will say that we have been busy, though.  A week of vacation.  A week to recover from vacation, and now a week of Vacation Bible School (I am snack lady for 100+ kids).  And an upcoming long weekend of vacation over the Fourth of July weekend.

I have, however been doing some sewing.  Or prep work as the case may be.

 The Downton Abbey top is finally basted.  I went ahead and bought actual backing fabric for this one, so I didn't have to piece the back, which was nice.  It did take two ironing boards back to back to get it ironed, though.  I am planning to do this one on the domestic machine, block by block.  I'll probably do some sketching first.

I've also finished my stars top, but I'm not sure if I am going to show it here.  It is for a guild challenge, and there is voting on the quilts, but I'm not sure if it is supposed to be anonymous voting or not.  So until I know, I guess I won't share it here.

Come back tomorrow for a selection of vacation pictures.
Linking with Lee.

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh my...this is a stunning quilt!