Friday, December 6, 2013

Sewing for the (older) girl


 I've done a bit of sewing for E over the past month.  Nothing major, as you will see, which is why I've jammed them all together in one post.

First up, the skirts.  The blue one was re-purposed from one of Mr. Riley's old polo shirts, size XXL.  A nice soft knit.

 I snapped a quick picture of E in the black one this morning.  It is a stretch, crushed panne velvet.  Also comfy with an elastic waist.  I made this one for the school Fall Program where the children dressed as pilgrims.  (puritans for the rest of the world)

 I also cobbled together a small case for E to keep her Ipod touch in.  If I could start over, I would do a million things differently, but she likes it and it is at least functional, so we'll go with it.
 And lastly, if I don't get around to regular postings, no worries.  'Tis the season for busy-ness. 

HOWEVER, make sure to stop by on Monday for the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day!

No comments: