Thursday, November 14, 2013

Candy Stripe Fabric Basket

I've been working on the 'perfect' little fabric basket to give as teacher gifts this year.  I whipped up this one just in time for the Le Challenge theme of Stripes.
 Ahhh, isn't it cute?
Handles actually cut on the bias!
  E has already claimed this one for her 5th grade teacher.
 Check out that stripe matching on the sides.
 Fully lined.
Finished size:  4" high, base/opening 4" x 5"

I am working up a tutorial on these cuties. (because the internet needs one more fabric basket tutorial, hah!)

 This last pic is for my SIL who has mentioned that scale is sometimes hard to see in the pictures, so I tried to find a common household item to photo with the basket.  Mac & Cheese, anyone?

Linking with Crazy Mom Quilts
Check out the other Le Challenge projects.
Le Challenge

9 comments:

KristyLou said...

Those matching stripes are great! I really like this basket.

Regina said...

As I read your post, I was preparing to comment asking about the pattern :) We are on the same wavelength Rachel! Does that scare you? hahahahahahaha.

See you on the 25th!
R

Collette said...

v cute and useful too!

Nat at Made in Home said...

I think the Internet needed another basket tutorial! Yours is great! Tanks for sharing on le challenge!

Made by Mrs Jones x said...

This looks so much nicer than the fabric baskets that I have made in the past.

QuiltCandy said...

A gorgeous little basket! The perfect teacher gift :-))

Sara said...

You are working these baskets in style! My hat is off to you!

Indianna said...

You can never have too many tutorials and I'm sure the teachers will love these.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

So cute and a great gift! Love those red and white stripes. Thanks for linking up!