The quilt shop that I frequent most is The Fabric Gallery at Sew & Save. I do occasionally shop online, but I really like to see and touch my fabric when shopping!
So why do I love my LQS?
1. They know my name.
2. They know my children's names!
3. A great discount since I purchased my sewing machine there.
4. Good thread selection.
5. Great fabric selection.
6. Customer appreciation days where they provide a whole potluck for their customers!
7. Willing to cut anything into a fat quarter.
8. They cut a Full yard!
9. Locally Owned.
10. Always willing to go the extra mile. Case in point: Due to timing of being out of town and expecting, I did not catch that the kit for the Wisconsin fabrics Quilt had to be pre-ordered.
Go out and support your LQS. And if they don't carry what you're looking for, let them know!