Our overall theme for the year was Nature.
First: Queen Anne's Lace
To be revealed on August 1.
Quilts are from Me, Elizabeth, Betty, Leanne. For more of Betty's quilts, you'll have to check out her flickr page.
So here's the reason for writing this post. We are looking to grow - a bit. We each get to invite one new person to the group. I debated about how to go about doing this, and I've decided to open it up to my blog readers. If you're interested, here's what you need to know:
1. We do four quilts a year. No excuses on deadlines. We've worked around hurricanes and upcoming babies, so far.
2. The size is kept fairly small. This series was all 12" x 12". We will be changing that a bit coming up.
3. There are no prizes or rewards except the joy of participating.
4. Elizabeth is our boss. Every group of sheep needs a shepherdess.
5. You can make and use any kind of material you want, as long as it is a three layer quilt.
6. You do not have to have a blog, but you do need a flickr account, or be willing to start one. (its free)
7. Interested? Send me an email: rsriley77 (at) gmail (dot) com and tell me why you would like to participate. Sending links or pictures of what you have created so far would be helpful. I don't know what kind of response I'm going to get so I'll leave this open for a week at least. This is unfortunately a case of only one can be chosen - assuming even one is interested (hah!)
8. As I mentioned before, August 1st is our next reveal, that will also be when our next themes will be announced, which is when our newest members will begin participating.