Thursday, June 27, 2013

Really Random Thursday 6.27.13

Thursday already?  What a busy week!  I've been 'snack lady' at our church's VBS, which takes up mornings, combined with the fact that I think I (conveniently) forgot what it was like to be in my final month of pregnancy, makes for lots of not blogging.

Not that I don't have things to say :)

So I will start today with some random pictures of things going on around here.

 WP turned 5 on the 26th.  Strangest cake request: "Stripey Blankie"  So I made a cake that looks like his blanket.  I wonder if he'll grow up to regret that :)
 Legos are always a hit with this boy.  Combine that with rockets, especially after being at Kennedy Space Center and he's in heaven.  He's been building on this every chance he's had since last night.  And other than the stickers, he doesn't need any help.
 After three days of rain and thunderstorms, the sun is finally out (and its hot).  But my garden is loving it.  Mr. Riley built me a small raised bed to try out this year.  Tomatoes, cabbage, brussel sprouts (my kids seriously love them), beans, purple pepper, watermelon and a tomatillo.
 Look!  Baby beans!
 I also got some 'fluffy' mail this week, although it actually came in a box.  I splurged on Craftsy's 40% off sale.  Bought some Michael Miller pink Flower Fairies (you would think I'd be done after the Pink Fairy Quilt, but I'm still a sucker for them.  So cute!)
 And a total indulgence, the box of Fossil Fern fat quarters by Bernatex.  Yum!

Linking up with Cindy.

2 comments:

hydeeannsews said...

i was thinking that cake looked like a strip quilt before i read the caption on it. very cute.

good luck with the garden! mine's over until fall. (desert dweller)

Mindy said...

We all love Brussels Sprouts at our house, too! Funny.