Friday, January 4, 2013

Fabrics For a New Year

I guess its time to start looking ahead.  I've got two quilts that Must.Be.Finished. in the month of Jan.  Actually, the first needs to be done in the next two weeks.  Here's the fabric and charms all ready to go.

 I also need to do my next Four-In -Art Quilt.  Our theme is Tree.  I know exactly what I will be doing.  I am hesitant to post my inspiration photo, though, because I'm afraid it will give it all away.  So I guess you'll just have to be surprised.

On to other fabric goodness.  Thanks to a *cough* couple *cough* of Craftsy mystery boxes, I've got 3 Tina Givens design Rolls.  I don't actually know the line, though.
 I've got 12 packs of 2.5" squares of Chateau Rouge. 42 squares per pack. 504 squares ready to go.  I've got some background fabric ready for cutting.  I'm thinking a simple 9 patch, maybe Irish Chain.  Definitely a leaders & enders quilt, since this will be a just for fun quilt.
 Two lovely stacks of 10 FQs Robert Kaufman, Spring Blossoms.  Yum.
 And a 10 FQ stack of Watermelon Tango.
 The LQS had a great after Christmas sale.  I picked up two Stonehenge Charm Packs, in case I need something less girly in the future.
 Some Christmas fabrics, that aren't overly Christmasy.
 And a stack of neutrals - I've been wanting to do a neutrals quilt for a while, so decided to pick up a stack of half yards.
 I also have two very over-due quilts for my oldest two kids, so they will go high in the to-do list.  In fact most of the fabrics for those are already purchased.  So off we go into a productive New Year!

 And, I've promised the ladies at the LQS I won't come back for at least two weeks.  With my new fabric purchases, and two rolls of batting in the garage, and a whole box of thread, I think I'm definitely set for a while.  I'm also expecting many scrappy backings in the future as another attempt to use up the stash!



1 comment:

byhooks4u said...

wow..I thought that thread was hard to stash and keep organized..how ever do you keep your fabric together? I would love to see your stash area/craft area..maybe I could pick up an idea or two..Sounds like you have projects enough to last for awhile..blessings