Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy Hanging Pockets Tutorial

 Today I'll show you how I've been making corner pockets to use with dowels for hanging small quilts.

First, you'll need two squares cut 3" x 3".  This has been a good size for me.  If your quilt is quite small or much larger, you may want to adjust these.
Fold them in half to make a triangle and press.

 Line up your raw edges and pin into place.

 Baste along the raw edges.
 Now apply your binding as usual and finish your quilt.  The flaps also make a nice plain area for a small label as well.
 Now you'll need a dowel cut a little shorter than the width of your quilt.  It will slide right up into the pockets.
 I have hung mine a couple different ways.  For my Advent Calendar, I have the dowel hanging across one of the 3M sticky wall hooks.
 For my mitten quilt, I added wire into a loop and hang it on a nail.

 I hope this can work for your!




1 comment:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing it.