Yesterday I showed you my newest quilt finish. My Four-in-Art 12" challenge, Queen Anne's Lace.
Today I will show you a little more about my inspiration and how I put it together. Warning: There are lots of pictures.
On the computer I blew the picture up - a lot. I had originally thought, many months ago, that I would do a quilt like this for a Keepsake Quilting Challenge. Then I realized we would be traveling way too much and it would never get done, so it got put on the back burner. This challenge was a great chance to bring it up.
Traced again on Wonder Under, in reverse, to use as pattern pieces for fusing down.
Then I auditioned some fabrics against the actual picture.
I went with a variety of whites and cream for the flowers, and one green batik for the stems.
Then its a matter of fusing to fabric, cutting, placing and fusing to the back ground.
Here is a little series of building up the picture.
More fusing, building the picture. I brought this one up north to work on.
Here we are with all the pieces fused on, pin basted and I'm starting to sew on the beads.
Elizabeth has announced our next theme, due Feb. 1. Trees. Ah, so many possibilities.