Friday, November 30, 2012

Let's talk fabric!

I got to take my biannual trip to IKEA this week.  It is probably a good thing I don't get there more often.  It is about an hour from my house, down in the Chicago Suburbs. I bought a bit of fabric.  Actually, only the stuff that was on sale!

First up, the display when you first enter the building.

 See that tree?  Its a panel!  I bought one, so did my MIL.  We are going to hang one up in our upstairs garage for Christmas and decorate it.  It will be perfect!  I'm not sure what I'll do with mine.  I had thought a really fun quilt back, but the fabric is more canvas/twill like.  Definitely not a quilting cotton!
 Anyway, I couldn't pass it up.
 Detail of the display.  I'm not sure how I feel about the torn strips of fabric hanging from the branch, but I did like them tied around various glass items. 
 Picked up some wood fabric.  Again, the heavy canvas stuff.  As much as Mr. Riley likes to cut wood, I couldn't pass it up. 
 And a few yards of musical notes.  I fully intend to sit and the piano and see what it sounds like.  I just need someone to hold it up for me so I can see it all at once.  Elizabeth bought some first, and warned me it was a poly/cotton blend.  I bought it anyway.  I for sure will make a totebag for our music lessons.  I do think it would make a great quilt back.  Perhaps I'll wash it up and see how it feels after that.  All these IKEA fabrics are 59" wide.  Which is kind of nice.  There was one more I'm kind of regretting not getting.  I guess there is always next year.....

Oh, yes.  And I'm set with batting for a while.  Long story short, the internet is so much better than shopping in brick and mortar stores.





2 comments:

byhooks4u said...

you go girl!!!

katie@stvital said...

I want all of that fabric. The tree panel is just fun. The chopped wood would look great as a headboard at the cabin and the musical notes would be perfect for my kids music teacher. Ikea just opened last week about 40 minutes from my house. I have been afraid of the lines, but I may have to check it out.