Friday, May 25, 2012

Coffee Cups Cozies and Mug Rugs

I finished up the Teacher Gifts Wed. night for delivery today!
 Four sets of coffee cozy, two mug rugs, plus an assortment and tea and coffee, and one reusable coffee cup.
 You can find the link for the cozy pattern here.  I only loosely followed the directions. 
 I did not use fusible fleece.  Instead I quilted the front of the cozy to just the batting, then sewed the backing and turned.
 I also just used plain elastic instead of hair elastics for the closure.
 The mug rugs are essentially mini quilts at 6" square.  Making and sewing the binding for these is probably what took the longest.


 Guess what?  The sleeves didn't fit the coffee cups I bought.  I almost cursed.  Thus, I will have to make a note in the gifts that they are for takeout cups.  Grrrr.





No comments: