Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday 2/29/12

Happy Leap Day!  What are you doing to celebrate?  Me - nothing special.  I think the kids are doing some special activities at school, though.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced So, what's in progress this week?
You already saw my finish - the Jewel Box Quilt.

I've been really focusing on the Ruby Hex quilt.  My goal is to finish the top by the end of the weekend.  Did I mention I'm hand piecing?  Yep.  More accurate that way.  Accuracy makes me happy.

I also picked up my 5" squares for a swap at my guild.
Here is what I left:

 This is what I picked up.
 And here they are playing nicely together.  When I cut the squares to pass on, I cut extras for me! 
The rules were to put 20 5" squares in a baggie - put them in the box and pick up a new baggie.  Instant scrap quilt.  So the weird thing?  I cut 20 different squares (not required , but I was going for scrappy).  The bag I picked up has 27 5" squares.  9 different fabrics.  Hmm.  Well, it will make for a scrappy fun quilt, non-the-less.

Also linking up to Creative Spaces.

2 comments:

Viktoria said...

The scrap swap idea is gorgeous!

beautiful hand sewn quilt!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am in awe of anyone who does hand-piecing! Love the scrappy swap idea very very much :-)