Friday, July 8, 2011

Tutorial - Colored Sugar

I found myself in need of some colored sugar the other day.  I intended to purchase it from the grocery store, but they only had red & green.  I needed blue.  So I made my own.  It's super easy, and I'll show you how!
You'll need food coloring and sugar.

 Drop the food coloring into the bowl of sugar.
 Stir with fork.
 Spread on a plate to dry.
 Use a fork to break up the clumps.
 Pour into a container
 And you're ready to go!
Homemade colored sugar!
* A little sugar goes a long way.  I made way too much.  I made over 200 cookies and I used barely half of the blue that I made!

1 comment:

Carol E Wyer said...

I want blue sugar now! Hubby would love that for his cappuccino lol.
Hi rachel - I have come by to catch up on all the posts I have missed recently. I have got so behind that the only way is to stop sleeping and visit everyone instead!
I am off now to check out what I missed while I was away and trying to be the next JK Rowling!
Hugs and warm wishes
Carol from
www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com