Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Baby Quinn's Quilt - A Fairy Finish

Back on a horse named Blogger....

I have so much that I want to share on here and I so appreciate being able to go back and check on what I did when, so I'm going to have to start making this blog a regular part of my week again.

So, to that end, a quilt that I finished back in March.  For my newest niece! My step-sister and her husband live in Austin, TX, so I haven't met her yet (will happen in Oct), but I finished and sent a quilt as soon as she was born (in March!)


I have a small hoarded stash of the Flower Fairies fabric by Cicely Mary Barker. E has a quilt of them and Mini will get one soon.  So I thought it would be fun for their cousin to have one as well.  The pink sashing was in my stash, and the flower border was brand new.



This was my pile of backing possibilities.  I went with the stars, because her momma loves stars.
Just free motion quilted with a sturdy machine sewn binding.  Hopefully the quilt is getting lots of use!




1 comment:

OPQuilt said...

What a sweet baby quilt! I was just in Austin at the beginning of the month--could have stopped in for you!