Monday, April 16, 2018

Temperature Quilt 2017 Final Finish

It is finally finished!!
Actually, its been finished for a couple of weeks, but I needed a sunny day and time to blog!!

 Way back in January 2017, I tried to get a quilt a long started.  I had a couple of Instagram friends play along and make temperature quilts, too.  The above was my planned pallette for the year.  All the fabrics are Fossil Ferns.
 This was a potential layout.  I definitely wanted to differentiate the months this time around.  My first temperature quilt is a bit more abstract.
I did get the top put together in January, quilted in March.
The back has all the information about the quilt - including a strip of all the temperatures with the numbers embroidered on them. 

I also included on the back when I was in other cities.

The words on the front were cut with my Silhouette Machine of black batik backed with Pellon Wunder Under 805.  I fused them down, then did a lot of quilting over them to hold down the letters.   I was much too lazy to change quilting thread.  I may go back and color those threads black, but its not at the top of my list.  Probably because I'm so happy to have it finished. 

I'm not doing one this year, but am constantly tempted.  There are others out there making them this year - you can look on Instagram for #tempquilt18 

The main floral backing came from Hobby Lobby and is super soft.  It was a potential border for the front, but I ended up going with the shells.  If you look closely, I actually took the time to make sure they all are going the same way!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

It turned out so well. I really like how you broke up your months and the detail on the back is great!