Friday, October 27, 2017

Central Park, a Finished Quilt

Before I can really talk about the quilt show, I should share the quilts that I finished to enter in the show. 

First up is Central Park.  This quilt has been a long time coming.

The finished top was blogged May 9, 2014
Which was made as a direct follow-up to this Four-in-Art Quilt. Urban Landmarks.
Its actually been basted I think for a year, or so, I can't find the post that mentions that.  Must not have tagged it.  Anyway, I thought this show was good motivation to finish it and enter it into the Modern Quilt category.
Just some progress shots along the way.



I tried quilting in Broadway since it runs against the grid, but it just looked too much like a mistake to me.
I had made the binding when I made the top - yay me.
Here it is hanging in the show, all finished up.   I was glad to finish it.  Definitely had some distortion once it was quilted.  And the winning quilts deserved their ribbons, no jealousy here, just appreciation of great quilts.  I've already thrown this one into the living room quilt pile to be used as needed.
Details:
Finished size 46" x 57"
Batting: a thin polyester
Thread: Aurifil and Gutermann cotton

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Friday

2 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is so fun and mod! I love the contrast between the colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting your quilt done in time for the show.