Monday, August 8, 2016

What I'm Working on Now

 Mostly I feel like I'm working on packing/unpacking and laundry.  No one seems to be home for more than a few days at a time.  We have two more family trips to squeeze in before school starts on Aug 24, too.

But I am slowly starting on a couple of projects.  This first one I'm going to bring up north and maybe at least start cutting squares, even if I don't actually assemble anything.
It's not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last Minecraft quilt out there, but this is what WD wants.  I promised him his "big boy quilt" while he was 10.  He'll be 11 in about 5 weeks.  I better get a move on.

I've had the fabric for a while, all RJR hand sprays.  I think it will look good.  The best thing about webfabrics.net is they tag the fabric so you can reorder exactly the same color! (no affiliation, just a happy customer)

I am also getting started a signature quilt for a dear family from church who are adopting a second girl from China.  For their first daughter I coordinated an 100 blessings quilt (here).  This time around I'm trying something simpler, for more participation, which is a basic signature quilt.
I've got the white squares ironed to freezer paper for stabilization and am having everyone use Pigma Pens.
 I plan on using the Falling Charms pattern from Missouri Star Co - but somewhat reversed, the squares will be the white and the stairs will be from Gooseberry by Lella Boutique. BTW do you get their Block Magazine?  I love it.  It's all patterns, no ads, fun stories and usually a helpful tips section in the back.  (again, no affiliation)

 I'm also getting ready to celebrate my paternal Grandmother's 100th birthday with my family - so there is some work for that as well, but those pictures will have to wait until after the party.  Wouldn't want to spoil anything!

No comments: