The fabric is a polyester faux suede from the upholstery department at Joann. Perhaps a little stiffer than I should have chose, but I like the look of it. The lining and binding is a cotton. The binding actually dictated the fabric. I had two choices in my cart, the suede and a velvet, but I couldn't match the velvet as well as the suede.
The original post about the white shirt I wore can be found here. Funny thing about the shirt, E ended up wearing it a lot last year, me never. She recently decided she was done with it, and I rescued it from the donate pile. While trying it on, I realized the problem for me, the elastic around the neckline was too tight, it would pull way up to my neck. Very uncomfortable. So I added some inches to the elastic, so much better, and now back in my costume wardrobe.
The original pieces of the costume can be read about here. This year, I cut off the top of the green under-dress and turned it into a skirt instead. The length was better and it was ultimately more comfortable. I should really make a new under skirt that matches better for the next time we go.
Next up will be E's dress. It took me twice as long to make hers than all the other costumes put together.