Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wed 2.27.13

 The major finish for the week is this dress. 
I also basted another 32 hexies.  I've got about 300 to go!
Ordered some thread from Superior Threads.  I specifically wanted to get the mono-poly for the Fairy Quilts - the others were from their 'try it' listings.  They choose the color, you pay a little less.  Definitely a win-win.  I'm such a fan of Aurifil, so I am looking foward to trying these out.  They are Masterpiece and King Tut.
Slowly binding on a baby quilt.  So far I've only worked on this one at violin lessons.  There is no hurry, but I do know lots of pregnant ladies right now, so I'm working on building up a pile of baby quilts.
The biggest project of the week: Prepping to teach my Windows Quilt Class.  Excited, nervous, scared.  It will be a small group, so hopefully we'll be able to blaze along and get most of a top done in three hours!
And...dreaming of my next art quilt.  The theme is fire.  Its due April 1.  I've just started pulling some fabrics, the ones that are convenient.  Soon I will have to trek to the barn for the major stash.  In a couple days...after the snow has passed.  Not very fiery colors, are they?

 Check out other WIP's at Lee's


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments: