Friday, September 30, 2016

Pincushions - A Small Finish

 Still no finish post for the Minecraft quilt.  The weather here has not been cooperating.  I'm so happy for the cooler temperatures, but I could do with out the rain and wind and clouds.

So, onto a backlog of projects I've done over the summer.  Today I'm sharing two pincushions I made being directly inspired by Crazy Mom Quilts who did a pin cushion everyday in July.

 First up, a small selvedge cushion with the fuzzy edges.  I sewed the selvedges to a foundation fabric, interfaced top and bottom, then stuffed with crushed walnut shells.  E has claimed this one.
While I do think its a super cute pincushion, I wouldn't recommend using fabrics with the gold (or any other) colors printed on.  They are essentially thick areas of paint, not very kind to pins.  I won't use them again.

 The other one I made is long and skinny.  Fits perfectly in front of my sewing machine.  I actually need to open an end back up and put in more filling.  It is a bit floppy.  This one was made completely from scraps laying around on my table. 

I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Friday - I haven't done that in ages!


1 comment:

Kat said...

Love those fuzzy edged pin cushions!