We finally had a sunshiney and dry day. Actually it was more like a few hours, so WD and I ran out and took some photos of the finished Minecraft Quilt.
Loki the Dog decided he wanted to be a part.
I used a huge variety of fabrics. I started out with a pile of Handsprays by RJR Fabrics. Then added from my stash whatever worked. Lots of batiks and some solids. I like the look of the batiks and handsprays more than the solids, personally. Gives it a more dimensional look to me. There are also some tone on tone prints - and some of the fabrics I turned over to use the back!
WD specifically asked for these blocks. He tells me for the most part they are the "basics" of the game. OK, kid. Whatever.
The batting is two layers of Pellon cotton. It is a very thin cotton batting and I wanted a warm and squishy quilt. I got a good deal on a roll of it, but now that I'm at the end of it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.