This dress took forever. At least two weeks. One of the most complicated things I've probably done. I should go back and fix a couple things.
Good thing she loves it.
The skirt does sit smoothly, but it was a bit windy and E had already been sitting in the car for 20 minutes before we took pictures. Oh, and she had worn it for most of a day once I finished it.
Just a couple more things, in case you are curious about this pattern and visiting from the interwebs.
The instructions have you do lots of under stitching (I don't get under stitching, I mean, I know why I'm supposed to do it, but it never seems to work well for me. Give me top stitching any day). And I did it, because top stitching clearly was not going to work on this dress, but because the neckline was so thick with all the layers of fabric, lace and interfacing, the lining still kept coming forward, so this was my hack: I did a large running stitch, from the lining side, through all but the top layer, all the way around the neck opening, and now the lining doesn't roll to the front. I don't care if its not pretty, or doesn't match. It worked.
E and Mini.