Thursday, February 18, 2016

Yellow Brick Road Sample Finish

 The other quilt that I finished up for a store sample was Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs.  I like this pattern a lot.  It is based on fat quarters, and actually uses them up thoroughly.  I have a couple of FQ stacks that might be destined for this pattern in the future.  Seriously, that good.
 The fabrics sent for this were 30's fabrics, I think mostly from Moda.  With FQ you don't always get to see the selvage. 
 White border, which I personally tend to avoid white, with the 5 kids and all, but I can see how it tied all the various prints together.
 Stripey binding, which was actually a Christmas print.
 Because my deadline for finishing was fast approaching I did giant loop-de-loops to finish the quilting fast.
 The back is a red based alphabet block.  Again, not something I would choose myself, but hey, its the back and I just had to follow directions.  I think E may claim this quilt when it comes home.  She helped me with the floor layout as I constructed it since it was just after my fall.
 It finishes at 56"x74", which is called lap size, but is really quite large.
Batting, the mystery cotton, once again.
This one was quilted with white Aurifil on the top and my favorite cream Aurifil on the bottom.


No comments: