Monday, February 29, 2016

EARQ Post 1

 My current project of the moment is a quilt for my niece.  A Queen Sized quilt. 
 In this picture you can see (most) of the fabrics for the quilt.  All cut out and ready to go.  Except, I need more brown.  And possibly more stripe.  This is what happens when you buy fabric before deciding on the pattern. 
 These are my two test blocks.  The pattern is a Snow Balled Pin Wheel.  I got it from Block Magazine.  I am enlarging the blocks though - using 10" squares instead of 5" squares.

 Because of the snowballs, if I sew around twice, I get bonus blocks.  Yay!

 Here is a shot of all the 10" blocks sewn around the edges.  I'm sure you've seen the magic of half square triangles.
 Sew all the way around the edge.  Cut both diagonals.
 Press open.
 And build your pinwheel block.
 The trick in this quilt will be keeping the stripes lined up.



No comments: