Thursday, September 10, 2015

Four Sample Finishes For Christmas

 I'm keeping busy, hopefully right on schedule, with getting all these projects done and out of here.  I finished up the first four samples today and mailed them off.  Yep, the pictures are a little dark, it was rainy - hey this isn't a fancy pants blog.  But you don't get ads either....
 The minis are pretty self explanatory.  They finish up at 7.5" square.  They are not fast.  Too many pieces, too much applique and too much embroidery to call them fast.
 They are turned, however, so no binding, and minimal quilting.
 This is the fanciest one, and probably my favorite.

 I also finished this wall hanging.  It finishes around 20" square.  I like this one a lot.  Can't wait until I get them all back....in a year or two.
 I used the button hole stitch for applique - and as the quilting.  Partly for time, partly because its a wall hanging, so really no one will be looking at the back (except for all of you!)  And then just some straight lines around the borders.

Two more samples to go. 


3 comments:

Kathy H said...

They turned out super cute.thanks for showing them.

OPQuilt said...

I LOVE all these little mini-mini-mini quilts. Your workmanship is stunning--so beautiful. Way to go in meeting your deadlines!

RobinLovesQuilting said...

What cute minis! I love them all.