Thursday, December 19, 2013

Really Random Thursday 12.19.13

 The last bit of randomness for the year, as Cindy will be taking a break until Jan 9, as I suspect many of us will.


1. Best mail package this week.  I won a box of Sulky Thread from the Quilters Newsletter Magazine Blog!  I suppose they are considered 'old school' as far as the modern quilt movement is concerned, but I've been a fan of their magazine ever since I started quilting.

2. I'm really glad I decided to throw this one in the wash.  Loving the crinkly texture that it came out with.  Original post is *here* for this quilt.

 3.  Woke up to a horizontal Christmas tree this morning. Grrrr.
 4. I don't think it matters what the chocolate looks like, as long as it tastes OK....
 5. Prepping teacher and classmate gifts for the Christmas parties at school tomorrow.

Check out more randomness *here*



8 comments:

Gidget said...

What a great prize, that has to make you smile big! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the thread! That will be really useful. And lucky you with the discount chocolate! :)

Scrapatches said...

The reindeer games quilt looks wonderfully crinkly and colorful. The reindeer played games with your tree last night? Naughty reindeer. I agree that chocolate should be eaten and not seen. I wandered in via Really Random Thursday. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your tree is my nightmare... We have a stray kitten who found us. I left it up for 10 days indecorated and now I'm just doing non breakables just in case she goes crazy one night!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the crinkles of your Rudolf quilt. We haven't even put our tree up yet. Two kittens just a year old and I don't see how they and the tree and ornaments are going to play nice. It might end up like yours. Merry Christmas.

Gene Black said...

Wow..that quilt looks great.
I would be happy with a box of "visual defects" chocolate. My taste buds would never know the difference.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Nice win! If the chocolate isn't pretty you have to eat more just to get it out of the house....right? haha

Sarah said...

Hahaha kids or animals causing the horizontal tree?