Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday 1.16.13

 I guess my first post of the week is going to be WIP Wednesday.  That's OK.  I am trying right now to get this first quilt done.  It should have been done by now.  Honestly, by the time you read this, hopefully it will be done.  I've got about 1/4 of the quilting left.  Then binding.  I am planning to machine sew the binding, because I frankly don't have the six hours to sit and hand sew it.
*edit* Finished and in the wash!
I've got the binding on the Pioneer Sampler quilt.  I am hand sewing this one, so just working on it whenever I have the opportunity.
And, even though it was supposed to just be a leaders/enders quilt, I've actually gotten quite a bit done on Ugly Quilt #1.
I have pulled every non standard 'strip' out of the scrap bin.  Sorted them roughly by length and started sewing them together.  This section is the shortest strips.
The rest waiting to be sewn together.  These are all paired up so far.  It is a really nice, mindless, easy sewing project.  And I'm looking forward to embracing the 'ugliness' once its all put together.  Also, I find it a good way to use up old thread since I'm not looking for perfect piecing.



Hop over to Lee's and check out other WIPS.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Chris said...

Congratulations on your finish!!!