Thursday, January 17, 2013

Poppy Quilt Finish

The Poppy Quilt has been finished for a while.  I think it was finished by the end of November.  However, I was holding on to it for a Christmas Gift.
 My mother-in-law likes poppies, and has a few pictures of them hanging up in her living room.  They also recently got new reddish/orange couches. 
Now this is a lesson in timing.  A woman who (used to) work at the LQS came to our guild with a really cute kit with the main poppy fabrics.  I went to the store in the next day or two, but they didn't have the kits cut yet.  I waited.  Too long.  I went back 3-4 weeks later.  No kits.  The last two fabrics from the line were in the clearance area.  So I bought all the yardage left.  Found some coordinating fabrics and went home to make up my own pattern.
 Tomorrow - I'll show you how to make your own.  It's a pretty simple pattern, but I like that it shows off large prints.
 I quilted it in an all over meander, which can be overdone, at times, but in this case, because I had so many bold blocks going on and found a perfectly matched variegated thread, I think it worked perfectly.
 Finished size is 47 x 67 after washing.
Come back tomorrow for a super easy block/quilt tutorial.



No comments: