Monday, June 11, 2012

Gingham

I've been thinking about gingham a lot lately.  It all started with Elizabeth at Occasional Piece-Quilt.  She found some ginghams at a garage sale and has been talking about them since.  Even arranging a gingham sewing party, along with two other blogs : Krista, of KristaStitched, and Cindy, of Live A Colorful Life, You can join in, find the details here.

I had the privilege of winning a small stack of ginghams with the deal of making a quilt and posting July 4.   I'll have to get mine done early, since we'll be leaving town the end of June!  I haven't gotten them yet, but I've got my quilt drafted, so I'm ready to start as soon as they're here.

I started looking around the house for any ginghams that might be around and the first thing I noticed was I used a couple in my bunny quilt.
 E's Easter dress from last year was a green and white gingham in silk!
Mr. Riley has a couple items of clothing that are gingham.  A dress shirt and a pair of 'shorts'.
 Totally need to do some ironing!



And I even inadvertently bought a black and purple gingham shirt the other day.

I have to admit I've never really given gingham too much thought before, always thought of it more as a check.  But it is surely out there, almost everywhere you look.

How about you?  Do you like gingham?  Does it speak of summer to you?  Or, like me, did you not really notice it so much before?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I look for gingham I usually find it in curtains, and love a gingham for that purpose. Currently working on a black and white gingham sham for over the kitchen window, or at least I bought the fabric for it ;)

doodlebugmom said...

I love gingham, its so simple and fresh looking