Thursday, April 26, 2012

KCWC - Day Three - Top & Skirt

Another outfit from Simplicity 4206
 As soon as E tried on the top, we noticed it would be too short, and that was after I had already added two inches when I cut it out!  The girl is long.  Thus the added blue band.
 I'm sure the skirt will be too short for school. i.e. over the knees.  I suppose I will pick out the hem and add another layer.  *sigh.

I finished it after bedtime last night, so no girl in the outfit pictures, yet.  Maybe later today?

The fabric is from Moda.  At least a couple years old.  I would guess a thirties era print.  I remember E picked it out a while ago at a quilt shop in Pella, IA.  I'm so glad I am getting to some of the things I promised so long ago.
I've now made everything in the envelope.  I will be coming back to the pants and shorts.  Soon.



No comments: