Monday, July 20, 2020

Two Ugly Quilts Finished


Last year I went through all my scraps and actually managed to clear out an entire box. 
You can read about it Here and Here.


One of the things I did with all those scraps was sew the strips together and eventually I had a pile of 12.5" squares all ready to be turned into quilts. 

I put them together into two "Ugly Quilts" 
They were quilted in a giant meandering stipple.  With all kinds of various threads that I've been trying to use up. 
This one is 8'x8'.  Hubby told me to "go big or go home"  It was funny because at the time it was more like "go big and stay home".
It does make for a nice family size beach blanket!  
Used up some more ugly fabrics on the back.
The second one turned out to be 7' x 6'.  This one is for E's Car.  She requested a "nicer back"
It's actually part of a clearance cotton duvet cover from Ikea.
Love seeing the quilts getting used!!



1 comment:

Regina said...

You are my hero Rachel!!!