Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A Basting Day in May


In May I took a day to baste some quilts in my church's basement.  This was still when everything was in lock down/ quarantine - so I was quite by my lonesome, with just audio books to keep me company. 

This was my hopeful pile.  I brought as many tops and backings as I could get ready. 
I don't know if I was planning to photograph every step - but this was the first one that I basted, my Christmas Angel Band quilt.  I started with the largest/ones I wanted to get done first. 

It was nice to have lots of space to spread out.  


I borrowed my daughter's volleyball knee pads to baste - best idea I've ever had.  For these quilts I did a combo of spray baste and some pins.  I have a hard time trusting just spray baste....
This is the Elvira Quarantine Quilt Along quilt.  Happy to say that I'm working on the binding now. 


I got the two ugly quilts basted that day, which as you know they are done and dusted.  

Houses from last year's Gridster Bee.  Probably will quilt this one next.  A little smaller, so a little faster?
By the end of the day, this was the done pile.  At this point, 3 of the 6 are quilted.  I didn't even have time to baste them all, so yes, I've still got some waiting in the wings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel, I saw a picture of your positive negative violin quilt and fell in love with it. I searched forever trying to find a pattern. Finally found a link for Homespun Magazine and was able to purchase a digital copy of the magazine. Only the violin template, but no directions. I've made my fabric sttios and I'm ready to cutout. I hope it turns out az beautiful as yours. I want to post pictures of the quilt in a couple of Facebook quilt groups ghat I follow, but wanted to ask your permission before doing so since I didn't purchase a pattern because I couldn't find one. Thank you again for your lovely quilt. Linda Silber