Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Gridster Bee 2019 (a.k.a. I'm so Lame)

 I've been part of a lovely group of quilters for the past three years.  We call ourselves the Gridsters, or Gridster Bee.

I have been neglectful and didn't do any updates all of 2019.  In fact I never even posted about my own blocks. 

AND as I was putting this together, I couldn't even find pictures of the January blocks I made last year!!  They were for Carol and you can find her on IG @carolanngillen

So, I'm playing some catch-up, so to acknowledge all the blocks that were made and sent, and I'll provide links for any tops/quilts that may have been posted about.

Elizabeth of OPQ asked for houses in February. Here you can see her finished quilt.

 March was Marsha.  She wanted some flying geese going in curves. You can find pictures of her creation on IG @quilterinmotion
 April was all Americana for Nancy.  

I was the May Queen Bee, and I'll share my blocks next post.
 June's blocks were for Mary.  She got her top put together so quickly!  She was pretty specific in how the blocks needed to be made so they would come together in the right way.
These scrappy blocks were for Linda IG @quiltlady63  It was great, because I keep 1.5" squares for my leaders/enders.


 Christmas trees in August for Kelli. @kbachli  We made color fabric, then paper pieced the background.
 Simone designed these "Tipsy Twofer" Blocks.  You can find instructions on her blog. 

 Both of these blocks were for Lisa @nymblefyngers in October.  She sent me the teal polka dot fabric to use as I liked. The block is Steampunk by Jen Kingwell

 Super scrappy spider webs for Allison.  She didn't want us to sew them together so she could mix up the scrappy.

And finally in December, I made some delightful hot air balloons for Afton.  The free patterns are found on Woodberry Way. 

That wraps up last year. 
The Gridster Bee continues into 2020 with a few small changes in participants, but always with lots of fun new blocks!


No comments: