Monday, November 25, 2019

A Nut House, Class with Laura Wasilowski


A couple months ago, August, I believe, Laura Wasilowski of Artfabrik came to our guild to present and do a work shop. 
I hadn't originally signed up, but they had space, and I was able to work it with my schedule. 
I'm so glad I did.  She is an excellent teacher and very fun lady.  And I was able to use things I learned in the class for my Sunrise/Sunset quilt.
The class was called "Another Nut House" and all the pictures so far have been of her work. 
She does hand dyeing of fabric and threads and all her quilts are fused.  No piecing. Seriously. 
The following pictures are Nut Houses of some of the other students.




And the following are my project.  First we had to weave to create the cap/roof.






I've been working on hand stitching  here and there.
Really, just the grass so far.
And its been at least a month since I've touched it, but it is fun and bright, so I think it will get done!

No comments: