Last July at our Guild's rummage sale I picked up this kit and pattern for a mere $5. (original price at a store: $40.25)All the fabric was included, even backing!! I couldn't pass up the deal. My long term goal is a Christmas quilt for each bed in the house, so I figured this would help me along the way.
I pre-washed all the fabrics. Its flannel after all, and boy does flannel shrink.
So much that I wasn't able to get all the cuts out of each piece that the instructions called for. (unless it was meant for a smaller size than I was making - I admit, it could be user error)
Anyway, I got the blocks, and borders together.
Did a bunch of creative piecing to help make the backing.
Even including some selvedge sections.
Here is my backing laid out,
And the top. But the story isn't over yet. I realized that at this size it wouldn't cover a twin size bed very well, especially after quilting, so I added more borders, which meant that I had to make the backing bigger, so....It did not get done in time for Christmas. It is patiently waiting for a day to get basted, but at this point, that will probably happen after my mystery quilt is put together. And all that adds up to "someday". Hopefully before next Christmas!!