Thursday, January 5, 2017

WIP Thursday 1.5.17

I hardly did any sewing over the holidays.  A bit of hand work, but that was about it. I'm finally getting back into some projects.
 This one above should be a finish to share with you tomorrow, that's why I'm showing the back.  I've had the idea for a little while.  Just needs trimming, binding and sleeves.  I'll be machine binding, so should be an easy afternoon nap finish today.

 I am all done with last year's Spelling Bee - just waiting for a couple more words.  This year I'm in a new one.  The Gridster Bee.  We are supposed to try out new things in our blocks.  The first month the Queen has requested a New York Beauty block.

  I have never made one.  Ever. So I was thinking about the fact I would need to do a practice block first. (that tricky paper piecing thing)  In fact, the directions are in German, and the word "damit" is on there a lot.  I don't know what it means.  I hope its not a sign.

 Then I thought I might need to do practice blocks every month.  So then I thought I would pull a fabric stack, and do a block for my self each month - the practice block and at the end, I'd have a little sampler quilt, too.  Super smart, I know!  I had this little stack of Gudrun Erla fabrics in my pre-cuts pile and decided it would be perfect.

 The Queen has asked for royal blue, red, pink, and a bit of black and yellow.  Bright with white backgrounds.  This is my (huge) pull.  I'll narrow it down for the actual block(s).

AND, I'm thinking of doing another Temperature Quilt.  I thought about it last year, too.  In fact the fabrics are pulled and labeled, already.  I'm thinking half square triangles to show the high and the low each day.  (you'll remember Cindy of Live a Colorful Life did highs and lows - of Two cities)





1 comment:

Patrice said...

I'm jumping in with the Temperature Quilt this year! Artist Younger Daughter says I need to spice it up from rectangles. An thinking of diamonds but to need to play with that to see how (if) it will work. Just found your blog a couple of months ago and enjoy following along.